Builds and project logs.
I have had little chance to work on the bike this last month. A trip with my wife to Barbados took one of my weeks and a bit of my cash, but it was great. I've managed to get all of the bikes indoors. The front end came off, and things were a bit worse than expected. Given the condition of the forks, I am inclined to believe that the 66,000 miles on the odometer are accurate. I'm pretty sure that it was running on the original fork seals. The tubes looked all right until I got the chrome seal covers off. Then the horror was apparent. Each tube has a large area where the chrome is completely gone, with significant scoring and loss of steel underneath. There was no oil in either fork, but quite a bit of nasty looking water was in there. Plus a good bit of sand. I'm working on sourcing some new or good used fork tubes, and looking to replace the fork internals as well. Some of the parts are pretty pitted and/or worn from all of the water and grit.