Wish I still had them now... but don't we all

Six cylinder machines here
ancientdad

Wish I still had them now... but don't we all

Post by ancientdad » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:48 pm

Owned a couple of CBXs over the years, love the engine and the incredible sound they make. The first was a red 1979, bought totaled from a Tampa salvage yard and rebuilt by my Dad (auto body and paint guy) and I and had only $2,000 in it with 4,000 original miles on it in 1980. Stupidly sold it a few years later because I had a new car and was busy chasing the ladies and didn't ride it much at all... about 10 years later, bought a silver 1980 model and got the GP kit for it (but didn't use the rear sets, had passengers once in a while) and sold it before getting divorced (another mistake, after a mistake). Had Denco 6 into 6 pipes on both, an unforgettable sound that made you want to rev it all the time. Would love to have another one but they are sooo expensive these days and parts are getting more and more scarce

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DH9QzFSwM77ZpPSAA

Hondo
Site Admin

Re: Wish I still had them now... but don't we all

Post by Hondo » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:11 am

Would love a CBX one day 8-)

A couple i should have kept
Z1-A
P1010004.JPG
Z900
Left side.JPG
Though I have just picked up a new project 9
As bought.jpg
Attachments
Left side.JPG

ancientdad

Re: Wish I still had them now... but don't we all

Post by ancientdad » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:51 pm

All very nice, and who wouldn't regret selling them (or having to sell them, as the case might be). I've only had one Kawasaki, an '85 ZL900 (the red one in the garage picture with my silver CBX). Fast, lots of fun, shaft drive so really easy to own... sold it to a friend over 25 years ago and might be working on it in the near future - he's let it sit too much and the carbs need cleaning and sadly, he doesn't have better storage so it's not nearly as pretty as it once was